Whether it’s your kids’ lunch or your own, are you tired of the same food day in and day out? Do you need some fun, new ideas to spice up your lunches? Well look no further! I’ve compiled some of my favorite things to pack, things I include for the kids I nanny, and ideas that I want to do for myself and when I have my own kids, that are sure to make you and your kids happy.
Sack lunch doesn’t have to be a boring sandwich day-in and day-out. Try some of these easy ideas to make your lunch a little bit more exciting. To make your lunch more well-rounded, try including something from each food group if possible (grains, protein, veggies/fruits, dairy, and healthy fats). If that doesn’t work, try to at least include a vegetable with your meal.
Main Dish Ideas:
- Mason jar salad (18 recipes here!)
- Stuffed pita pockets (chicken salad, tuna salad, taco meat with toppings, etc.)
- Pancakes/waffles (Who says you can’t have breakfast for lunch?)
- Adult lunchables (Pita bread/English muffin, tomato sauce and cheese to make a pizza. Crackers, lunch meat and cheese)
- Egg muffins (Great for breakfast too!)
- Pita bread and hummus
- Kabobs (Fruit, meat, vegetables, cheese, etc.)
- Add fruit to your sandwiches (Banana and peanut butter, strawberries with PB&J)
- Quesadillas (Add beans, rice, and vegetables to make it more exciting)
- Wraps (Use the same ingredients you would for a sandwich)
- Substitute pancakes or waffles for bread in your sandwich
Side Dish Ideas:
- Chips and salsa
- Hard boiled eggs
- Beef Jerky
- Hummus and pita bread
- Dried fruit
- Air-popped popcorn
- Cheese sticks
- Fruits & vegetables
- Home-made trail mix (I add wasabi peas, dried edamame, nuts, and m&m’s)
This site has some great links to creative healthy lunch ideas.
The pizza buns in this lunch sound amazing!
This blog has 30 days of lunches with no repeats!